2016 MIDDLE TEMPLE
Anthony joined chambers shortly after he was called to the bar in 2016. Prior to that he practised as a Solicitor – Advocate at a local law firm for over 6 years.
Since 2010 Anthony has worked exclusively in Criminal Law and has experience in dealing with cases before all of the Criminal Courts, including the Court of Appeal. He has represented defendant’s facing trial for a variety of offences including large scale drug offences and serious violence.
Anthony is a hardworking and tenacious advocate who takes a proactive approach during the preparation stage of his cases. He understands the importance of providing a high level of client care and demonstrating an understanding approach with his client.
Court of Appeal
- R v M  - Appeal against sentence in relation to a case of child cruelty. Injuries caused to an 8 week old child following a sustained assault over a period of 20 minutes. Expert evidence called during a trial of issue in the Crown Court. On appeal the original sentence was halved following successful submissions of the sentencing guidelines.
- R v H  – Successful appeal against the making of a deprivation order by the Crown Court. The order related to the defendant’s vehicle following a serious case of dangerous driving. The defendant received a suspended sentence order in the first instance and the deprivation order was quashed on appeal.
- R v H  – Represented defendant charged as part of a large conspiracy to flood the streets of Preston with Class A drugs. The case involved a large number of defendants from a 'gang' in Preston. Some of those defendants were also convicted of firearms offences alongside the drug related matters.
- R v S  – Secured the acquittal of a defendant facing trial for the street level supply of drugs in Preston.
- R v D  - Represented defendant charged with supply of Class A controlled drugs. Following a guilty plea submissions were made that the sentence could properly be suspended. The Court agreed and the defendant received a suspended term of imprisonment.
- R v K – Represented defendant who was charged with Kidnap along with 2 others. The trial was heard at Preston Crown Court and lasted just under 2 weeks. The case involved the use of telephone data and cell site evidence.
- R v F – Successfully represented a 15 year old defendant who was tried alongside adults for his part in a robbery in the victims home. The robbery included the use of several knives and other weapons. Successful submissions in relation to poor identification at the close of the Prosecution case that resulted in the defendant being discharged.
- R v M  – Secured an acquittal for a defendant who faced charges of racially aggravated assault and public order. Successful submission of no case to answer in relation to two of the counts and acquitted by the jury of the final count following a three day trial.
Admitted as a Solicitor 2010