I mostly practice in family finance and have over 30 years experience in this field. I also appear before specialist tribunals in the HESC Chamber as set out below.
(1) Financial Remedies in family cases including:
- Financial Orders on divorce/civil partnership dissolution.
- Children Act Schedule 1.
- Financial relief after overseas divorce/civil partnership dissolution.
- Drafting pre and post nuptial agreements.
I am regularly instructed in high value or complex cases. I routinely handle cases with assets over £1m.
I am instructed in sensitive cases such as where one spouse is a Member of Parliament, sitting Judge, media personality or sports star.
I have specialist knowledge of:
- Business accounts
- Pensions especially Police and other public sector schemes
- Assets derived from large personal injury awards
I am also comfortable appearing in cases where needs are the main issue.
(2) Health, Education and Social Care Chamber cases including:
- Primary Health Lists
- Care Standards
Ashworth Scholarship. Top 20 nationally 1988 Bar Final.
Fee-paid Judge of the First Tier Tribunal, assigned to the Social Entitlement Chamber
Areas of Expertise
FLBA, Northern Circuit
Chambers and Partners 2023 Edition
Peter Anderson is recognised for his work in high-value matrimonial finance matters. He routinely handles divorces and civil partnership dissolutions, as well as Schedule 1 applications and TOLATA cases.
“Peter Anderson is tenacious in court.”
“Peter is up there with the best of them. When he’s on the other side, you have to do a couple of extra hours of preparation.”