As a specialist defence practitioner, Tom has a demonstrable track record of assisting clients navigate the complex and stressful environment of the modern courtroom with an approachable but direct style aimed at achieving realistic outcomes for clients and their families.
A comprehensive understanding of how historical laws and social structures can impact upon modern day racial and gender inequality ensures that all clients, irrespective of social or racial background, gender identity or sexual orientation receive an identical service and that any ethnocentric or heteronormative assumptions are constantly challenged.
Working with disabled adults and special educational needs children in a primary school prior to coming to the bar also ensures an empathic understanding of issues relating to neurodiversity and gives confidence to the neurodiverse that they will be enabled to fully participate in the court process without feeling marginalised.
- BSc (Hons) Anthropology Victoria University Manchester
- MA Cultural History of War -Manchester University
- MSc Public Relations – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Graduate Diploma Law – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice (Bar) – Manchester Metropolitan University
Areas of Expertise
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA), Society of Conservative Lawyers
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defence
Contact clerks for detailed description of recent case work but in summary:
- Lead counsel for the first defendant accused of attempted murder involving firearm resulting in acquittal on the charge.
- Junior led counsel in multiple cases of murder in Lancashire.
- Drugs and firearms conspiracies.